- Must-see places of Baku in just 4 hours
- The castle-like Hindu, Sikh and Zoroastrian place of worship
- See one of only a few burning mountains in the world
- Discover the symbol of modern Baku: Heydar Aliyev Center
- Enjoy complimentary round-trip transportation from your hotel
Daily GROUP tour, to be confirmed instantly.
Start: 1:30 PM , Finish: 6 PM, Duration: 4,5 hours
- Pickup from hotel
- Joining to the group in front of Puppy Theater
- Lunch break: Local restaurant serving traditional food
- Tour to Ateshgah: “Fire Temple of Baku”
- Tour to Yanar Dag: the Burning Mountain
- Stop at Heydar Aliyev Cultural Center
- Drop-off to hotel
Overview & itinerary
The Baku Ateshgah was a pilgrimage and philosophical centre of Zoroastrians from Northwestern Indian Subcontinent, who were involved in trade with the Caspian area via the famous "Grand Trunk Road". The four holy elements of their belief were: ateshi (fire), badi (air), abi (water), and heki (earth). The temple ceased to be a place of worship after 1883 with the installation of petroleum plants (industry) at Surakhany. The complex was turned into a museum in 1975. The annual number of visitors to the museum is 15,000.
The Temple of Fire "Ateshgah" was nominated for List of World Heritage Sites, UNESCO in 1998. On December 19, 2007, it was declared a state historical-architectural reserve by decree of the President of Azerbaijan.
Yanar Dag flame burns fairly steadily, as it involves a steady seep of gas from the subsurface. Due to the large concentration of natural gas under the Absheron Peninsula, natural flames burned there throughout antiquity. Only a handful of fire mountains exist today in the world, and most are located in Azerbaijan.
Inclusions & exclusions
- Pick-up from your hotel, and drop-off back to your hotel
- Professional tour guide
- Comfortable transportation
- Admission tickets to Ateshgah and Yanar Dag
Please note & additional info
Know before You book:
- Children under the age 6 are free of charge
- You will be informed about the pick-up time from your hotel one day before the tour starts.
- The tour is the 2nd half of the Baku Full Day Tour. So You are going to join to the group.
- The tour might be multilingual.
Know before You go:
- Consider that there is a break for lunch in the tour itinerary. Highly recommended!
- Please contact TES Tour Baku at least 24hrs before travel to provide your accommodation details and arrange pickup.
read the latest from our blog.
7 Secrets of the Absheron
White Winter Weekends
Six Scenic Day Trips from Baku