- Visit the most historical cities of Azerbaijan in 2 days
- The tour of popular Silk Road in Azerbaijan
- More privacy, flexible timing in each sight and city
- For those who travel from or to Georgia
- Enjoy complimentary round-trip transportation from your hotel
PRIVATE tour, to be confirmed instantly.
Start: 9 AM, Duration: 2 days.
Day 1: Shamakhi and Lahij Tour:
- Pickup from your Baku hotel
- Visit to Shamakhi
- Juma Mosque: The oldest mosque of all Caucasus and Azerbaijan
- “Diri Baba” Sufi Dervish Mausoleum
- Visit to Lahij
- Sightseeing places on the way to Lahij (2070 m above the sea level)
- Walking through Lahij trade street, visiting the workshops of the local handicraft masters
- Visit to Lahij History Museum and the Mosque
- Drive to Gabala:
- Sightseeing places of Gabala:
- Nohur Lake
- Tufandag Mountain Cable Car (optional)
- Overnight in Gabala, or - Drive to Sheki and overnight in Sheki
Day 2: Sheki Tour:
- Discover Sheki region:
- Tour to Palace of Sheki Khans
- Visit to Karavansaray
- Walking in Sheki city center, shopping.
- Albanian Church in Kish village
- Drive back to Baku, drop-off to Baku hotel or Drive to Balakan city, drop-off to Georgian border
P.S. Please reverse the itinerary for the tour from Georgia to Azerbaijan.
Overview & itinerary
This is the most recommended tour, if below written one or more circumstances matches with You:
- If You don't need a tour guide
- if You want more privacy during the tour
- If You want to go to a multi-day tour
- If You want to discover more regions of Azerbaijan in a short time period
- If You travel to Georgia after Azerbaijan
- or if You travel to Azerbaijan from Georgia
The history of Shamakhi starts from 5th century BC, and is popular with its landscape and literature in Azerbaijan. In the 9th -16th centuries it was the capital of Shirvan Empire, and in the mid-18th century it used to be the center of Shamakhi Khanate. The first mosque of all Caucasus and Azerbaijan - the Juma Mosque is in Shamakhi. It is additionally called the City of Literature since it was the native land of many Azerbaijani poets. Present day Shamakhi is a recognized center of carpet weaving and winemaking.
Located in Upper Caucasus, Lahij was built in 5th century BC, and in 1980 was announced as Historical-Cultural Reserve of Azerbaijan. Tat - the dialect of Old Persian - remains to this day the primary language in the village. Lahij has preserved its culture and trade, and is considered as craft center of the Great Silk Road up to now.
Azerbaijan’s top provincial holiday centre, Gabala is a string of flashy new hotels and a burgeoning ski resort spread up into the foothills of some glorious forested mountains.
Sheki is located 675 m above sea level in the southern slopes of the Greater Caucasus about 370 km away from Baku. The region around the city is a real natural wonder with beautiful landscapes, mineral water springs, forests and rivers. The majestic Palace of Sheki Khans is considered as one of the most beautiful architectural monuments of medieval Azerbaijan.
Inclusions & exclusions
- Pick-up from your hotel, and drop-off back to your hotel
- Comfortable transportation
- All admission fees
- Assistance for accommodation in Sheki or in Gabala
- Food and beverages
- Tour guide
Please note & additional info
Know before You book:
- Children under the age 6 are free of charge
- This is a self guided tour, no tour guide included.
- This tour is a multi-day tour: 2 days / 1 night
- Hotel Pickup to be arranged after booking.
Know before You go:
- For personal expenditures cash is recommended. In the regions to pay by card is not much available.
- Please contact TES Tour Baku at least 24hrs before travel to provide your accommodation details and arrange pickup.
Where does this tour start?
- The tour starts at 9 am from your Baku accommodation. Our driver will be in your accommodation place 10 minutes earlier. The tour start time can be changed according to your request.
- For those who travel from Georgia to Azerbaijan: we meet You in Georgia-Azerbaijan border at the agreed time.
Where does this tour end?
At the end of tour program, the tour car will drive back to Baku and will drop-off You to your Baku accommodation place. Or if You chose to be dropped off to Georgia Border, then the end point will be the border.
Please contact us for more information.
Is this a private or group tour?
Independent multi-day Azerbaijan Tour is a PRIVATE tour. Unfortunately, for now we can't organize it as in groups!
*If You wish to do this program with the lowest budget possible, You can join our Gabala & Shamakhi GROUP tour, and at the end of the tour (in Gabala), we can assist or redirect You to go on your trip to Sheki by yourself. Please contact us for more details.
What is the transportation unit for this tour?
If the group size is 12-16 persons, the car will be Mercedes Sprinter.
If the group size is 7-12 persons, the car will be Toyota Hiace minivans.
We use Mercedes Vito minivans if the group size is 6 or lesser people.
* Sedan and 4WD cars are also available for 1-3 persons.
Can I add "Tour Guide" service for this tour?
Yes, You can! Please contact us if You have any additional requirements.
Is there much walking in this tour?
- Not much walking is involved in this tour, as we drive right to the activity points. In waterfall area there will be moderate walking.
You have more questions?
Click to button below to whatsapp us now
or write us an email through our Contact Us page.
Read the latest from our blog.
Six Scenic Day Trips from Baku
7 Secrets of the Absheron
White Winter Weekends