- Take a full-day tour to Gabala and its ski resort
- See the first mosque of the Caucasus - Juma Mosque
- Experience the work of the local handicraft masters in Lahij
- Beautiful scenery of Lesser Caucasus mountains at 2,070 m
- Enjoy complimentary round-trip transportation from your hotel
Daily GROUP tour, to be confirmed instantly.
Start: 9 AM , Finish: 11 PM, Duration: 14 hours
(Due to road construction in Gabala, tour duration is 14 hours for now)
- Pickup from hotel
- Drive to Shamakhi
- Juma Mosque. The first mosque in all Caucasus and in Azerbaijan
- Sightseeing places on the way to Lahij (2070 m above the sea level)
- Lahij village: Lahij trade street, visiting the workshops of the local handicraft masters
- Lunch (forest restaurant serving traditional food)
- Suspension bridge (Hanging bridge)
- Tufandag: one of the longest teleferic of the world. Whether for skiing or just for memorable summer views of the Alpine scenery behind Gabala, jump aboard the Tufandag network of four cable cars
- Nohurgol Lake: The lake is surrounded by a forest. You can walk around or sail on a boat
- Back to Baku, drop-off to hotel
Overview & itinerary
In Shamakhi we visit the historic Juma Mosque, the first mosque of Azerbaijan. As you journey towards Lahij, situated 2070 meters above sea level, soak in breathtaking scenery and explore the charming Lahij village. Stroll through the bustling Lahij trade street and witness local handicraft masters at work in their workshops.
Indulge in a delightful lunch at a forest restaurant, savoring traditional Azerbaijani cuisine. Feel the thrill of crossing a suspension bridge and then ascend to Tufandag on one of the world's longest cable car networks. Whether you're seeking skiing adventures or mesmerizing Alpine vistas, Tufandag has it all.
Finally, unwind at Nohurgol Lake, nestled within a serene forest. Take a leisurely walk or enjoy a boat ride on the tranquil waters. As the day winds down, we'll return you to Baku, concluding this unforgettable journey with a drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions & exclusions
- Pick-up from your hotel, and drop-off back to your hotel
- Professional tour guide
- Comfortable transportation
- Admission ticket to Tufandag Cable Car (19 AZN)
- Admission fee to suspension bridge (2 AZN)
- Lunch (16 AZN)
Please note & additional info
Know before You book:
- Children under the age 3 are free of charge
- Hotel Pickup to be arranged after booking
- The tour might be multilingual
Know before You go:
- Take warm clothes for Tufandag mountain cable car tour
- Please contact TES Tour Baku at least 24 hours before travel to provide your accommodation details and arrange pickup
Where does the Gabala tour start?
- The tour starts at 9 am from the Double Gates of Old City Baku (Gosha Gala Gapisi).
- You'll meet your guide at your Baku accommodation. We'll send You the pickup (meeting) time one day before the tour date through WhatsApp or email. Usually the pickup from your accommodation is 30 minutes before the departure.
Where does the Gabala tour end?
Once we arrive to Baku, the tour car will drop-off You to your Baku accommodation place. The ending point is the start point: Double Gates of Old City Baku.
I'm travelling alone, can I join the Gabala tour?
Yes! Absolutely! Around 60% of our guests are solo travellers, so you are very welcome to join this, or any other of our tours!
What is the transportation unit for the Gabala tour?
If the group size is 12-16 persons, the car will be Mercedes Sprinter.
If the group size is 7-12 persons, the car will be Toyota Hiace minivans.
We use Mercedes Vito minivans if the group size is 6 or lesser people.
How much is the Entrance fees and Lunch in Gabala tour?
- In Tufandag Mountain Resort the use of cable car is 19 AZN (12 USD) per adult, and for the children it is 15 AZN (9 USD).
- Lunch is served in an a-la-carte forest restaurant. You can choose a menu starting from 25 AZN (approx. 15 USD)
Is there much walking in Gabala tour?
- Not much walking is involved in this tour, as we drive right to the activity points. In waterfall area there will be moderate walking.
- Though, this tour is not wheelchair (baby stroller) accessible. We recommend to our guests to take a private tour if there is a person with wheelchair or baby stroller.
You have more questions?
Click to button below to whatsapp us now
or write us an email through our Contact Us page.
Read the latest from our blog.
Six Scenic Day Trips from Baku
7 Secrets of the Absheron
White Winter Weekends